Two cravings that hit me like a Mac truck are noodles and veggies.
That’s why there’s so many versions of veggie meals here on flipthebeetle – I write about (and cook) what I love ❤️
This recipe whips up quickly if you have a bunch of veggies in your fridge at any given point in your week.
what you need
- Pot for pasta boiling
- Colander for rinsing pasta
- Larger frying pan
- Tongs for stirring
- 1/2 red onion,sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 red pepper
- handful Green cabbage, sliced
- Noodles , Chinese dry curly (or any noodles you love) the amount is something I eyeball but aim for 3 dinner size servings and if you make too much, really who cares!
- 3 tbsp soya sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp oyster or fish sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup edamame optional
- 1 cup bean sprouts optional
Any leftover cooked chicken, shrimp or tofu can be added at the end to pump this dish up protein wise.
this is how we do it
1. Get pasta going as per instructions for al dente. NEVER trust the directions with your whole heart keep testing by sampling a noodle and seeing for yourself.
When you’re satisfied, drain and give a quick rinse under cool water.
Drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
2. While you’re sampling boiling noodles you can be chopping all your veggies. Place in a large bowl and set aside
3. Mix stir fry sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
it’s GO time!
HEAT oil in large frying pan, sauté veggies with confidence! And til their crisp but not mush – again you must sample to be sure especially the broccoli.
ADD noodles. Don’t overdo it, you may not need all the pasta you made and that’s ok, it doesn’t make you a bad person.
ADD any protein you may have leftover like chicken or maybe some cooked shrimp, tofu.
POUR on the sauce. Cook 2 min.
Garnish with edamame and/ or bean sprouts and place on a wood pile for you final photo!
This will make a hearty dinner for 3 ( I know that’s a weird serving) and satisfy any takeout cravings you may have keeping things healthy.
Enjoy the simple things. Food doesn’t have to be complicated to be awesome 🍜
For more recipe fun head over to the website and give a follow ☑️