A tossed salad dressed up and pretty like those fall colours out right now.
But not fancy to make – yay!
what you need
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Romaine salad, chopped rough (4 cups)
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 red apple, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pack bacon, fried and large crumbles
- 1/2 cup feta or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dry fruit (cranberries or apricots)
- 1/4 cup roasted nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- Briannas poppy seed dressing
this is how we do it
- Wash and spin dry the romaine
- Arrange lettuce in 4 bowls
- Sprinkle onion, bacon, fruit and nuts overtop evenly
- Squiggle (technical term) with poppy seed dressing
The combination of these items is KAPOW mind – blowing and equally as important – beautiful.
Now a word on my affinity to Briannas dressing.
It’s just really good.
It’s that simple. Could I make a homemade version.
The answer is Yes.
And it would be good, but sometimes life gets in the way and you need to cut yourself some slack so there.
As far ingredients go. These are pretty good.
Not a fan of words that start with X.
Xanthan gum is a thickening agent and a stabilizer. Used in gluten free cooking a lot. Not the devil but not a naturally occurring ingredient in this world.
It’s really good as a dip too.
Enjoy this in any season. If it’s not fall and you live in the US feel free to call it a Red White and Blue salad 🇺🇸 💙❤️
If you like this recipe, or me enter your email address below 👇 to get updates.
No spam unless it’s an ingredient in a recipe.
Actually never mind that.
No Spam ever!