You need to make a meal that includes your meataterian and vegetarian friends.
What to do.
How’s about a shepherd’s pie? Cooked all at once and separated out to create 2 hearty, satisfying meals that look IDENTICAL, this shepherd’s pie includes everybody ❤️
what you need
- 2 frying pans
- 1 medium sized bowl
- olive oil for sautéing
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cups green beans, cut into thirds
- 1 corn on the cob worth kernels (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs ground meat of choice
- meat replacement of choice
- mashed potatoes
this is how we do it
1. SAUTÉ onion til golden with brown edges
2. ADD diced carrots, cook 2 minutes (season with each step here S & P)
3. ADD the green beans, season, cook 2 min.
4. CORN gets to join the party here, cook 1 minute.
At this point the carrots should be cooked but still crisp.
5. REMOVE contents to medium sized bowl. Set aside.
6. Fry up ground proteins in separate frying pans. Season each pan with 1 clove garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, worcestire sauce, paprika or any combination you feel for tasting as you go.
7. SPLIT the vegetable mixture between the 2 proteins. You should now have
- 1 pan meat and vegetable mix
- 1 pan protein replacement and vegetable mix
Look at that ⬆️ it’s perfect. They look exactly the same!
Serve with mashed potatoes.
Customize the mix by adding bbq sauce to the meat mixture and/or parmesan to the mashed potatoes.
These deconstructed shepherd’s pies would look fancy in a quiche bowl.
Would be a cute amuse bouche (one bite appetizer) on one of those flat single serve spoons too but maybe that’s going too far 😂
To get more real life recipe ideas, click the ‘follow’ link below and add your email address.
Never miss a post.