I recently needed tzatziki on the fly.
I searched FTB and it wasn’t there so I BOUGHT it and boy oh boy that was just so disappointing.
Why didn’t I have it on my favourite recipe site Flip the Beetle?!
Once you try this easy peasy tzatziki you will ALWAYS be disappointed in the quick fix store bought option.
Not gonna lie, reading this post will kind of change you.
what you need
- Cutting board
- 1/2 English cucumber, not peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, planed (small holes on grater) or minced fine
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried dill ( or better yet fresh to taste!)
this is how we do it
- After grating the cucumber squeeze all the juice out either through a sieve or just in your hands is fine
- Mix all other ingredients together.
And seriously the best most authentic tzatziki right from your kitchen.
No additives. No fillers. No weird ingredients.
Just LOTS of flavour!
Around here we dap this on baked potatoes, use it as a chip/ veg dip and of course pita bread and skewers.
Get the freeze dried dill in the produce section for a terrific substitute for fresh.
Once you have that you are literally ready to take your taste buds and a few lucky friends to Greece at the drop of a hat OPA! 🇬🇷