Who here is a fan of easy raise their hand 🙋🏻♀️
It’s not that hard boiled eggs are complicated, cause they’re not.
However you do have to watch the water, set a timer and heat up your entire kitchen if you go by the traditional ‘boiling in a pot method’.
This is a into the pot and walk away success story!
Great for meal prep and … actually just great all round. Let’s do this!
what you need
- Instant Pot (I used 6 qt)
- Metal foldy type steamer basket
- 6 – 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
this is how we do it
1. Place water in the IP (instant pot).
2. Put basket in the IP and fill with eggs.
3. Set timer for 7 minutes on Pressure Cook setting. Lock your lid and make sure the vent on top is closed.
When the vent comes *down you can remove the eggs and plunge into cold or ice water.
Peel and voila⬇️
Perfect hard boiled eggs!
*NOTE: You can speed up the dropping of the vent by throwing a tea towel on top of the vent and using a spoon to open it up through the towel.
This will capture most of the hot steam and allow you to open the vent safely.
If you’re like screw the IP I like doing things the traditional way, check out Eggs – the perfect peel revealed.