Sometimes the day is long and hard.
Sometimes you feel broken (ie you’ve been splitting wood all day in the damp fall weather).
Someone’s gotta cook something cause hunger doesn’t care.
This incredible, soul satisfying, salmon meal takes as much energy to make as grabbing a box of macaroni and cheese.
Do your body good and choose salmon!
what you need
- Air fryer
- Salmon square or 2 filets (look for healthy salmon free from chemicals or antibiotics) https://feedthemwisely.com/guide-to-buying-healthy-farmed-salmon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp evoo
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme leaves
this is how we do it
- Pat dry the salmon with paper towel
- Salt and pepper both sides
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Place the salmon skin side down on a sprayed air fryer grate.
- Ladle the mustard mixture on top of the salmon
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 10-12 min depending on level of preferred doneness
Here’s a beautiful meal to nourish your body at the end of a hard day.
Some frozen peas, something pickled and a leftover starch makes tonight’s dinner complete.
But heck if you just want to slam back that salmon as is – I say go for it!