Balsamic, Greek, and oil and vinegar dressings – STAND DOWN!
There’s a new kid in town and she is waking up your flavour buds with a one two punch combo of sweet and tangy!
With just five ingredients that you probably already have on hand, you can confidently walk by that $10 salad dressing at the grocery store knowing this simple and delicious combination is available to you at a moments notice.
This is a recipe I travel with.
Let it also be known that I reuse my jars wherever it is I find myself in the world.
Once my honey container goes down to 1/4 full, !boom! it’s honey mustard dressing time.
what you need
- Jar (250ml size) with lid
- Fine grater or garlic press for the garlic (I’m not a fan of garlic presses because of the wasted goodness but you do you.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon style mustard or yellow mustard or a combo of both equaling 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or vinegar or a combo of both equaling 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
this is how we do it
Put everything into a jar and shake it up.
Taste and adjust items to your liking.
I will on occasion add dried oregano and basil for a more Greek style dressing.
If you’d like a more dippy, saucy version try this:
Every recipe is customizable by you.
If you don’t love it as is ask yourself:
- Is something missing? Salt, tanginess ( lemon or vinegar) or sugar to bring the flavours together not necessarily to sweeten
- Is something overpowering? Up the levels of the other flavours
- How’s the consistency for what your using it for? Adjust accordingly.
Relax. Enjoy the process. Play with your food!