A new spin on an old favourite, this Thai inspired coleslaw is sure to be a hit.
Whether your heading out to a potluck or dinner party (yes it’s sexy enough to bring to a dinner party) or just hanging out in your jammies watching movies or in my case crocheting.
Either way your going to LOVE this 💚!
Keep reading for the secret ingredient thats going to level up this salad and take it from wow to 💥 …
New year, new slaw I say. Let’s get this party started!
- 1 green cabbage, quartered and sliced thin
- 2 lg carrots, grated
- green onions, thin sliced your preference to qty
- cilantro, chopped fine, your preference
- 1 cup sliced almonds or chopped peanuts, lightly roasted in a frying pan
- 1 cup evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 5 or 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 5 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
this is how we do it
Pan fry (roast) the nuts while you chop all the veg up. DO NOT LEAVE the frying pan vicinity. DO NOT TALK to anyone – the nuts will burn.
They might burn anyways but at least if you’re right there you can save them.
Chop up the cabbage.
- quarter the cabbage, sharp knife and solid cutting platform
- slice off the core on each quarter
- Slice 2 quarters thinly long ways and 2 quarters short ways – this creates nice variety in each forkful
Grate the carrots through the big holes of a box grater.
Finely slice the green onions.
De-stem and finely chop the cilantro.
The amounts on the cilantro and green onions are a personal decision.
🌿 Create With Love 🌿
ADD all the veggies and nuts to a large bowl and combine with your hands gently.
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a medium sized container and whisk.
Transfer the veggies to a gallon sized ziplock and away you go to your party/ potluck.
An hour before eating time combine the dressing with the vegetables.
A refreshing change from the classic (and oh so good) coleslaw made with pantry items you have on hand.
Amp up your game:
Everything Bagel seasoning is awesome sprinkled on top.
Add a protein to this and you have yourself a better than takeout lunch.
Heck this salad is so good I’d add it to the snack category.
One thought on “sexy peanut sauce Thai slaw”